Student assessment is a vital part of the teaching and learning process.
Assessments enable teachers to confirm what children already know and what they need to learn next. In turn, it assists teachers to design learning tasks that support the next step in a child's learning programme.
Some assessments are those that an individual school might decide to use.
- phonemic awareness testing (usually in the early years)
- Brightpath writing assessment - Reception to year 7
While there are several assessments that all schools are required to assess and report centrally.
- Phonic Screen testing: Year 1
- Running Records: Year 1 and 2
- Progressive Achievement Testing- Reading Comprehension -PATR years 3-7
- Progressive AchievementTesting- Mathematics - PATM- years 3-7
- NAPLAN - Australia wide testing in years 3,5 and 7
NAPLAN results are the only results that are formally provided to parents.