What is the Governing Council?
The role of the governing council is to work with the site leader to:
- involve the local community
- develop and approve local policies
- set the broad direction and vision of the site
- monitor and review the site improvement plan
- be the employing authority of OSHC. At NPS the council has authorised the Principal to act on their behalf in the management of the OSHC service.
The principal work with governing councils to
- give educational leadership
- carry out the site’s policies
- carry out the site improvement plan
- The council meets a minimum of two times each term.
- At NPS this is usually on the third Monday of the month in term times.
- Meetings commence at 7:30 pm.